Skip to main content
The Peoples Democratic Party, on Sunday, declared that the All Progressives Congress, APC, lacks the parameter to compare the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo and that of President Muhammadu Buhari.

PDP made the remark in response to APC’s claim that ex-Vice President Atiku Abubakar admitted that Obasanjo administration was short-sighted and failed to diversify Nigeria’s economy.

APC’s spokesperson, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, had stated this in a statement where he commended Atiku for suggesting how Buhari should improve Nigeria’s economy.

However, PDP berated the ruling party for its comment, stressing that APC has “reversed all our national gains in a space of five years.”

The former ruling party stated this in a statement titled: “You Lack Parameters to Compare Obasanjo/Atiku Tenure with Buhari’s”

The statement signed by its spokesperson, Kola Ogbondiyan reads: “Our attention has been drawn to a knee-jerk reaction by the dysfunctional APC to the well-received suggestions by former Vice President and PDP’s candidate in the 2019 Presidential election, Atiku, on how to revamp our ailing economy.

“While the PDP had chosen not to allow the fizzling APC to distract us from our focus, particularly in finding solutions for the COVID-19 pandemic, we cannot keep quiet and allow those who had reversed all our national gains in a space of five years, to continue to engage in distortions, outright lies and appropriation of projects executed by the PDP to continually spit on the memories of Nigerians.

“It is sad that a patriotic and non-partisan rescue effort by Atiku was met with insults, animus and aspersions by an administration under which Nigeria is collapsing economically, just because it lacks the required competence and brilliance for modern governance.

“This is a government under which our nation has become the poverty capital of the world; our foreign debts have quintupled from $7 billion in 2015 to $30 billion today; our once highly rated banking sector is now shedding its workforce.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wage a successful COVID-19 war, by experts

There is anxiety as the community transmission of Covid-19 stares Nigeria in the face. How can the government stem the tide? President Muhammadu Buhari has been applauded for the way he has transparently conducted the anti-Covid war by foreign bodies and other stakeholders. But, he will receive more praises only when the curve begins to flatten. The World Health Organisation (WHO) Director-General, Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus, observed that measures so far taken by Nigerians were in the right direction and result-oriented. Ghebreyesus noted that Nigeria was swift and transparent in information dissemination, thanking the Nigeria Centre For Disease Control (NCDC) for its efforts since the index case of the virus was reported in February. He said: “This a true act of solidarity and an important step in stopping the coronavirus from spreading further.” Also , the United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, showered encomiums on the Nigerian government for its commit...

COVID-19: PDP hails Buhari, attacks APC

The Oyo State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has hailed President Muhammadu Buhari over his decision to relax the coronavirus lockdown in Abuja, Lagos and Ogun States. In a statement by the party’s Publicity Secretary, Engr Akeem Olatunji, it said Buhari’s decision to relax restrictions of movement in the affected areas is laudable because the lockdown has adversely affected Nigerians. The party noted that the new approach by the Federal Government was a testimony to the supremacy of Governor Seyi Makinde’s in combating the pandemic logically and scientifically which is now clear as a good template worthy of emulation. The party noted with disdain how opposition parties in the state, particularly the All Progressives Congress (APC), had attempted to discredit Makinde’s giant strides in keeping the state safe from a larger outbreak of the disease within the ambient of very limited resources while allowing commerce to thrive during partial lockdown in Oyo State. The...

All Aboard..! Steering Nigeria’s COVID-19 Action Train

The first case of COVID-19 was confirmed in Nigeria on the 27th of February 2020. Just a little over two months ago and, yet, it feels like a lifetime has elapsed. The world we lived in then, is so much different from the one we are about to be released into, as the lockdown restrictions are lifted. When the lockdown was announced by President Muhammadu Buhari on the 27th of March, there were 65 confirmed cases in the country and the President’s Chief of Staff had just tested positive for the virus. Today, we have confirmed over 2000 cases, and many of our beloved fellow citizens (more than 50) are no longer with us, having fallen in the wake of this novel coronavirus. May the souls of the departed rest in peace, and to those of us who remain on the journey of life, may God grant wisdom. We need it, desperately, at this time to navigate the complexities ahead. The month we spent sheltering in place was, without question, challenging; but in our isolation there was an odd sort of t...